This puzzle shows the replica of the ship Captain James Cook used to sail to Australia and New Zealand when it arrived in Whitby to mark the 250th anniversary of Cook's first scientific expedition to the Pacific in 1768.
The original Endeavour was first registered as the ‘Earl of Pembroke’ when she was built in Whitby by shipbuilder Thomas Fishburn in 1764. She was built as a Whitby Cat designed to haul coal before the Navy commissioned and re-registered her as HM Bark Endeavour.
Whitby wallows in history, including fishing, the jet industry (did you know that it’s still the best place in the world to find the gleaming black gemstone so beloved by the Victorians?), Captain Cook and whaling. Whitby also boasts literary connections – Bram Stoker’s famous Dracula features the town, with the vampire first coming ashore here from Transylvania in the guise of a black dog.
- High quality 500 piece jigsaw puzzle
- Made from thick, durable board that is 100% recycled
- Presented in a smart compact box; a lovely gift for yourself or somebody you love.
- Jigsaw puzzle measures 49x34cm when complete
- Box size: 16x16x7.5cm
- Comes with a folded print-out of the puzzle image.
- SRP: £10.99
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.